Now Is the Time for You to Know the Truth About Stress Statistics in America.
Many individuals in the United States and throughout the globe think they are under a lot of stress in their lives. Stress is a regular occurrence, and we all deal with it in different ways. What do you discover, though, when you look at stress statistics in America? Is stress as common as it seems to be?
- 43% of all adults have some type of health problems because of stress
- 75% to 90% of all visits to the doctor are stress related
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) declares stress to be a hazard in the workplace
- The costs of stress related conditions costs American over $300 billion annually
- The lifetime prevalence of an emotional disorder is over 50% mainly as result of untreated stress
Statistic Brain Research Institute, American Institute of Stress, NY
Top Causes of Stress in the U.S.
- Workplace pressures, including overtime, too much work, deadlines, tension with co-workers
- Money problems – including difficulties paying bills, loss of job, high medical bills
- Health problems
- Relationship problems, including divorce, loneliness, arguments, unhealthy relationships and divorce
- Poor Nutrition including eating too much junk food
- Technology and information overload, including social media, laptops, tablets, email, and Internet
- Sleep deprivation, which prohibits diminishment of stress hormones.
U.S. Stress Statistics
- 77%of people regularly suffer from physical symptoms caused by stress
- 73% regularly suffer from psychological symptoms caused by stress
- 33% of people report extreme stress
- 48% of people believe stress has increased over the past 5 years
- 48% of people report sleepless nights from stress
Stress Impact Statistics
48% of those surveyed report a negative impact on their personal and professional life
31% of employed adults say they have difficulty managing work and family responsibilities
35% cited jobs interfering with their family or personal time as a significant source of stress.
54% said that stress has caused them to fight with people close to them
26% reported alienation from friends and family because of stress
Annual costs to employers in stress related health care and missed work are $300 Billion
30% say they are “always” or “often” under stress at work
Stress Related Physical Symptoms Cited
51% reported fatigue
44% reported headaches
34% reported upset stomach
30% reported muscle tension
23% reported changes in appetite
17% reported teeth grinding
15% reported changes in sex drive
13% reported feeling dizzy
Stress Related Psychological Symptoms Cited
50% reported irritability or anger
45% reported nervousness
45% reported lack of energy
35% reported feeling as though you could cry
American Institute Of Stress – Stress.org
- 3 out of 4 doctor office visits are stress related
- Stress is the basic cause of 60% of all human illnesses and disease
- Stress increases the risk of heart disease by 40%, risk of heart attack by 25%, and risk of stroke by 50%
American Psychological Association
49% of women surveyed said their stress has increased over the past five years and 49% reported lying awake at night in the past month because of stress
Only 33% of women report being successful in getting enough sleep
31% of women reported eating as a way of managing stress with overeating and/or eating unhealthy foods
Only 35% of women reported exercising once a week or less, citing fatigue as the main reason for not exercising more often
Women reported willpower as the #1 barrier to changing lifestyle habits such as
diet and exercise and most attributed the lack of willpower to extreme fatigue and low energy AND 6 times as many women as men say that having more help with household chores would allow them to improve their willpower
University Of Cambridge Study
Women suffer from anxiety at an almost twice the rate of men.
You don’t have to live a stressful existence. After you’ve figured out what’s causing you the most anxiety, you may either disentangle yourself from it or figure out how to reduce its hold over you. As a consequence, you’ll feel considerably better and be able to enjoy your life more.