Discover How Natural Ways to Reduce Anxiety Can Help You Improve Your Health.
Anxiety can take over your life without you even realizing it. To preserve balance and recognize when there may be a problem, it’s critical to be in touch with your inner self.
If your anxiety is extreme or causing you to panic, you should seek medical help. For day-to-day worry, however, there are natural strategies to relieve anxiety on your own.
Here are some Anxiety-Relieving Herbs, Strategies, and Techniques:
- Passionflower. Passionflower is a popular herb that is believed to reduce anxiety. Many people find it as effective as prescription drugs. It is also said to help with insomnia since anxiety and insomnia often go hand in hand.
- Self-Hypnosis. A great way to relax and connect with your subconscious is to use hypnosis. Self-hypnosis enables you to perform techniques on yourself instead of requiring someone else’s assistance.
- Proper Nutrition. We sometimes lose sight of the profound connection between how we feel and what we put into our bodies. Simply paying attention to getting a natural, well-balanced diet can help you reduce anxiety.
- If eating right is difficult for you, be sure to take a multivitamin and avoid chemicals, processed foods, and caffeine when possible.
- Time Management. Anxiety might be brought on by a tight schedule. Perhaps it’s time to cut down on certain activities or reorganize your schedule. Remember to set some time for yourself to engage in relaxing activities.
- St. John’s Wort. St. John’s Wort has been used as a supplement for centuries. It’s a natural herb that can help with both depression and anxiety. It’s best used for mild to moderate cases.
- Acupuncture. Acupuncture is an ancient art that can reduce your anxiety by enabling you to feel calm and relaxed. It involves the use of thin needles that are used to relax your muscles.
- Worry Time. If you feel that all you do is worried, it’s time to pick a worrying time. Choose the day – maybe 5 to 6 PM – where you allow yourself to worry as much as you want. Worrying is simply not allowed or tolerated during the rest of the day.
- Every time you feel worries arise during other times of the day, tell yourself that the worries have to wait for your worry time. You’ll soon find that you won’t worry all that much during your worry time!
- Exercise. Studies have shown that regular exercise can reduce anxiety. Exercise produces serotonin (the “feel-good” hormone), relieves stress, increases oxygen levels throughout the body, and relaxes your muscles.
- Meditation. Pick a time each day when you can meditate. Find a quiet, relaxing place and focus on your breathing while you relax. Next, immerse yourself in visualizing that you are living the life you desire. Meditation can relax, inspire, and motivate you.
- Valerian Root. This is another natural anxiety herb. It’s an excellent choice if you also have trouble sleeping. Valerian root can be taken as a tea or a capsule and should be taken approximately two hours before you go to bed.
Whether you choose a natural herb, activity, or life change to reduce anxiety, opting for a natural solution is a wise decision.