9 Simple Ways to Relieve Stress and Anxiety!
Almost everyone experiences stress and anxiety at some point in their lives. Approximately 70% of American adults say they feel stressed or anxious every day.
Taking action is the only way to improve the situation. Even if you take small steps, it could make all the difference. You do not have to resort to any drastic measures.
Here are some action strategies for how to relieve your stress and anxiety:
1. Get a biofeedback device. You can use a biofeedback device to learn what your body does when it gets anxious. It will record your actions, such as increased heart rate, perspiration, temperature, and strained muscles. These are things you don’t normally notice.
When you get these readings from the biofeedback device, you get to know your body better and you’re then more able to counteract these symptoms and relax.
2. Talk with friends. Feeling anxious can also make you feel quite alone. One way to combat this is to remain open about your feelings and communicate with other people. Make time for your friends or family.
3. Seek counseling. It is up to you to tell whether you have mild stress and anxiety problems or life-altering issues. If your anxiety is showing interference with your daily life, seek the advice of mental health professional.
4. Meditate. Meditation is certainly an action strategy even though it seems like quite the opposite. Your choice to be inactive is an action in itself. Try to meditate by taking deep breaths in and out. Doing so will relax all of your muscles in the process and your problems will begin to fade away.
5. Exercise. Start an exercise routine. Exercise gets the endorphins pumping and will relax you. When you engage in regular exercise you get your body into a healthy rhythm. You’ll have a built-in break from anxious situations when you make time for exercise.
6. Start a journal. Starting a journal can be a real stress reliever. It’s like you have a secret friend to vent to whenever you want. In addition to reducing anxiety, starting a journal might also be beneficial for you because it will help you preserve good memories, too.
7. Eat a balanced diet. Putting healthy foods into your body can help reduce anxiety. Analyze your current diet and pinpoint the items that might need to go. Enjoy the less healthy items in moderation while you increase your intake of the nutritious foods your body craves. Also, you may want to consider taking a multivitamin.
8. Drink water. This one sounds simple enough, right? The truth is that water has some amazing healing powers. Be sure to get at least 8 glasses of clear fluids each day.
9. Find an outdoor hobby. Play a sport or start a garden. Not only will you get some much-needed fresh air, but also, you’ll relieve stress while taking your mind off of your problems.
Reducing Stress and Anxiety
There are many things you can do to reduce your stress and anxiety. Make a list of the things you find relaxing and make sure that you allow yourself some time each day to do one of them.
Take steps to gain better control over your mind. Don’t let your thoughts run away with you. Instead, give yourself some time to unwind in the evenings. Most important of all, don’t be too hard on yourself. Everyone deals with stress and anxiety at some time or another, but you can use these tips to keep it under control.